Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, America

As one of the best fireworks displays I've ever had the pleasure to attend burst brightly, directly over my head, this evening, I was filled to bursting with patriotic pride. Those of my fellow countrymen who have the audacity to question my patriotism cannot fathom and likely do not share the immeasurable depth of my love for this great nation -- all she is, all she has been and all that she can be.

Thanks to a handful of men, liberal rebels, all, from our beloved nation's darkest hours to her most shining moments, we have always had and will always have a glorious history and the potential for an even more glorious future to celebrate. ...And just as we benefit, today, from the work those concerned citizens and budding politicians did, then, so to will our progeny benefit from the work we are doing, today. It's an awesome thing to be a part of history in the making.

Happy Birthday America. :)

No comments: