Kayecee invited her online pals to join in this meme. http://www.lifeoverhere.com/2012-new-years-resolutions-from-kayecee/ I thought this might be an effective way to cleanse myself of the sorrows of 2011 before I get a fresh, clean start what I hope will be an awesome and joyous 2012. :)
1. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions from 2011? Will you make any for 2012?
I don't do resolutions - I'm of the opinion that change has to come when we are truly ready for it, not when some silly tradition forces us to set ourselves up for failure. Plus, I am perfect, soooo.... (ha ha)
2. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
I had a quiet dinner out with my hubs & youngest daughter, then I did research on a predatory pedophile who attempted to initiate contact with my daughter toward filing police reports. I am glad 2011 is over.
3. What was your biggest achievement of the past year?
I ran for the first time in a very long time and I didn't die or do myself a serious injury.
4. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I begged my grandma not to die and then buried her. As I said, I'm glad 2011 is over.
5. What was your biggest failure?
I did not earn as much as I needed to earn, this year. ...and I do mean *need*ed. I really need to step up my game in a big way in 2012.
6. Do you have any big events planned for 2012?
Youngest's Jr. High graduation in May.
7. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Better sales, patience, for worry and grief to lift so my muse can whisper great ideas in my ear again, for everyone I love to be healthy and happy.
8. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gardening. Like serious gardening... for food and for business use.
9. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Play silly time sucking games on Facebook. Except Sudoku - It helps me with focus in the same way meditation does but I don't have to achieve an unachievable state of relaxation to use it in that way. So, it's actually helpful. The others are not.
10. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes. But nobody who should not be in prison for doing what made me hate them.
11. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, but nothing life threatening.
12. Did anyone close to you give birth?
13. Did anyone close to you die?
14. Did anyone close to you get engaged/married?
Nope. Pretty sure all the current engagements began in 2010... with wedding dates set for 2013.
15. Where did most of your money go this year?
Bare necessities. (Most of which were purchased at Save A Lot, on clearance.)
16. What was the best thing you bought during 2011?
My new camera - which I use for my shops on Zazzle. Part of me wishes I hadn't splurged because I know how many weeks of groceries its price would have bought, the other part of me knows it is an investment that will more than pay for itself - hopefully long before the end of 2012.
17. What places did you visit this past year?
Hannibal Missouri - the Mark Twain stuff. Middle Tennessee - my son and my parents-in-law live there.
18. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Mony Mony by Tommy James and the Shondells - because when I was little, I called my grandma Mony and thought the song was about her and during the time she was in the process of declining and dying and since she passed, I have needed to hear it... a LOT.
19. What was your favourite TV program?
Tie between Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who and Misfits.
20. What was the best book you read?
Don't remember the name of it - it was one of John Hodgman's books.
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Ben Ross band (now renamed to Color You) - not because they're my cup of tea, necessarily, but because of how awesome they were to my daughter when we took her to see them at Bongo Java in Nashville, TN and how awesome they've been to her, since then. I wish them much success.
22. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Everybody hurts... sometimes." (Have I mentioned I'm glad 2011 is over?)
23. How would you describe your personal fashion in 2011?
I wouldn't even describe it as "fashion."
24. What was your favorite film of 2011?
Hmmmm... not sure... maybe The Help.
25. What did you do on your birthday?
My middle daughter threw a surprise luau for me!!!! It was AWESOME!!! I even wore my grass skirt!!! Definitely one my best memories from 2011.
26. What kept you sane?
Close online friends and my kids.
27. Who did you miss?
My son who's away at school. My grandma. My parents (who have been too ill to visit with much.)
28. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Sadder. An itty bitty bit thinner. A lot poorer.
29. Were you in love with anyone in 2011?
I am fairly certain I was in love with exactly as many people as were in love with me.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
I learned no new lessons in 2011 (except maybe that when I'm old, I should not, under any circumstances, fall) - lessons I've already learned were reaffirmed and 2011 could have been a lot worse even than it was if I had not learned them, already.
Scroll back up - click on the link to the meme and join in!