Monday, June 04, 2007

It's All in the Timing...

Last night's Democratic Primary Candidate debates on CNN... and the amount of time each candidate was given to speak:

Obama: 16:00
Clinton: 14.26
Edwards: 11:42
Richardson: 10:48
Kucinich: 9:02
Dodd: 8:28
Biden: 7:58
Gravel: 5:37

Only Clinton and Obama had more speaking time allotted than moderator Wolf Blitzer spoke! As for uppity Gravel and that little stunt he pulled at the first debate -- refusing to be silent and invisible, having the audacity to speak up and reflect some of the outrage of the average American Democrat -- well, they fixed his little red wagon, this time, didn't they?

Thanks for trying to choose my candidate for me, guys, but I'm a big girl. Unlike the slobbering Fox News enthralled sheeptards on the other side of the political fence, I can and do think for myself. (You remember me and my kind, don't you? We used to be your target demographic.) I'd already decided against your top two picks. Shoving them down my throat only gives them more opportunity to reinforce my decision.

No comments: