Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Million Blogs For Peace Assignment

First Tuesday Topic -- One Million Blogs for Peace:
Think back four years ago, to when you first heard that the Iraq War had started. Were you for or against the war at the time?
If you were for it, what has changed your mind over the last four years? If you were against it, why were you against it?



I was firmly and steadfastly against it.

I knew the WMD claim was bogus -- anyone who'd paid attention from the first gulf war on, should have known that.

I didn't want our focus and resources shifted from Osama bin Ladin and Al Queda... certainly not to the extent that so many of my fellow Americans were duped into forgetting that it was Osama and not Sadam who was responsible for the 9/11 attacks!

Any idiot (except, apparantly, the idiots in the Bush adminionstration) could have forseen that destabilizing Iraq would lead to civil war, while at the same time laying open Iraq's once secure borders to terrorists, creating new breeding and training grounds for them.

I knew we had no justification for the invasion, I knew we were being lied to and I knew we had no hope of achieving a victory that was never defined.

...And I am not giddy to be proven right, as the few remaining Bush supporters accuse. To the contrary, every moment of every day since we invaded, I have ached to the pit of my soul with the desperate longing to be proven wrong.

1 comment: